What is a Vanpool?
What is a Vanpool?
The UCLA Vanpool Program offers a viable alternative to driving for staff, faculty and students at a reasonable rate. UCLA staff or faculty may volunteer to drive the van in exchange for a reduced-fare commute.
UCLA Vanpools are groups of people who travel to UCLA or Westwood in a UCLA van. Vanpools typically operate Monday-Friday, traveling between a common pickup location (where you may leave your car) and the UCLA campus or Westwood. There are nearly 150 UCLA commuter vanpools from 80 Southern California communities coming to UCLA daily.
What are the benefits?
Commuting by UCLA Vanpool is a great alternative to driving alone and offers several benefits:
- Full-time vanpoolers are eligible to join the Bruin Commuter Club (BCC). BCC offers its members incentives, including the Emergency Ride Home Program.
- Save money on gas, car maintenance and insurance.
- Extend the life of your personal vehicle.
- No need to purchase a UCLA parking permit.
- Sit back and relax while you commute in a deluxe van equipped with air conditioning, reading lights and reclining seats.
- Save time on your commute by taking advantage of carpool lanes.
- Reduce traffic congestion by taking more vehicles off the road.
- Help the environment by reducing your carbon footprint.
How do I join a UCLA Vanpool?
Vanpools are in high demand and are continually created when enough individuals and volunteer drivers living in the same community and with similar work hours express interest. Find out how to join, change or cancel a UCLA Vanpool.
Be a Part of the Solution: Become a Vanpool Driver
Want to save even more money on your commute? Become a vanpool driver! UCLA employees volunteer to drive the van in exchange for a reduced-fare commute. Drivers are committed to ensuring the ongoing operation of their vanpool.
Contact Bruin Commuter Services below to find out more.
Bruin Commuter Services
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (310) 794-7433
- Rich Text Porlet
- MyVan (current Vanpool participants only)
- Schedules, Routes and Pricing (hosted by Zimride)
- How to Join, Change or Cancel a Vanpool
- Part-Time Vanpooling
- What are the Costs of Vanpooling?
- Join the Bruin Commuter Club
- Ask Transportation
- Vanpool Program Policies & Procedures (PDF)
- Vanpool Incentive Program