Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Level 1 and Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations are available for the UCLA community and for visitors who want to "top-off" charging.
Level 1 charges are free to valid permit holders.
Level 2 stations are part of the ChargePoint Network and cost $2/hour.
LEVEL 1 (120V)
- Parking Structure 2: 15 EV charging stations are located in the “Staff Parking” section on the south ramp between Level 2 and Level 3.
- Parking Structure 7: 19 EV charging stations are located along the north wall on Level P1.
- Parking Structure 8: 16 EV charging stations are located in the “Staff Parking” section near the Level 3 entrance.
LEVEL 2 (240V)
Pay Station Area:
- Parking Structure 1: One EV charging station is located near the exit on Level 1.
- Parking Structure 5: Three EV charging stations are located on Level 6 (roof level) in the southwest corner.
- Parking Structure 32: Two EV charging stations are located on the ramp between Level 1 and Level 2 at the northeast corner.
- Parking Structure SV: Four EV charging stations are located on Level P1 (top level) in the southwest corner.
- Parking Structure 1: Four EV charging stations are located near the exit on Level 2.
- Parking Structure 9: Two EV charging stations are located on Level 3 (ground level from Strathmore Place entrance) near the northwest entrance.
Charging Fees and Time Limits
Level 1 charges are free for valid permit holders. Customers may leave the vehicle for unlimited active charging time. Please be aware of the "no garaging of vehicles" policy.
Level 2 charges are $2 an hour. Payment is assessed through the ChargePoint Network. There is a four-hour time limit for parking at a Level 2 EV charging station.
Park in a designated EV charging stall, and only use the outlet designated for that stall. Avoid placing your cable where it might create a pedestrian hazard, and remember to secure your cable while it’s in use. The University cannot be held liable for theft or damage to your equipment.
Level 1 charging stations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Level 2 charging stations are part of the ChargePoint Network. Please register with ChargePoint and check the network map to ensure a charger is available before getting on the road. All customers must initiate a charging session through the adjacent ChargePoint station. These stalls are for active EV charging only and not just EV parking.
- Using a Station (ChargePoint Website)
- ChargePass Smart Card User Guide (PDF)
- Other UCLA Charging Options
Access and Parking Instructions for Visitors
Parking Structure 1: To charge in the permit area, visit the Information & Parking Booth near the Medical Plaza to purchase a daily permit for PS 1 to use the EV charging station. When the four-hour time limit has been reached, move your vehicle to a valid (non-reserved) parking stall within PS 1. To charge in a pay station area, park in an EV charging station and purchase hourly parking at the pay station kiosk. There is a four-hour time limit for charging.
Parking Structures 2, 7, and 8: Visit an Information & Parking Booth and purchase a daily permit for the structure you would like to park in to use the EV charging station. There is no time limit at these locations for active charging. However, daily permits expire at 6:59 a.m. the following day. If no charging stalls are available in the desired area, please return to the booth immediately for a refund.
Parking Structure 9: Visit the Information & Parking Booth on Westwood Plaza to purchase a daily permit for PS 9 to use the EV charging station. When the four-hour time limit has been reached, move your vehicle to a valid parking stall within PS 9.
Parking Structures 5, 32 and SV: Park in an EV charging station and purchase your parking permit at the pay station kiosk by the hour. There is a four-hour time limit for charging.
Access and Parking Instructions for UCLA Permit Holders
Clean Fuel Permit
If you meet California Environmental Protection Agency, Air Resources Board requirements for a White Clean Air Decal and are otherwise eligible for a UCLA parking permit, you can purchase a Clean Fuel Permit.
Other UCLA Permit Holders
If you do not have a Clean Fuel Permit, you can obtain a cross-parking/transfer permit from any information kiosk, which will count toward your rolling three-month limit of three transfers. After your four-hour limit is reached, you will have to move your vehicle out of the charging stall and into a permit parking space within the same structure.
Bruin Commuter Club (BCC) Members
If you are a Bruin Commuter Club member, you can use your BCP privilege for parking at an EV charging location. You can obtain a BCP permit for Parking Structure 1, 5, 9, or 32 from any Information & Parking Booth. After your four-hour limit is reached at the EV space, you will have to move your vehicle out of the charging stall and into a permit parking space within the same structure.
EV charging can be easy by using any of the following smartphone applications:
EV Charger Finder
Locate public charging stations anywhere.