UCLA commuters may ride the vanpool part-time on a space-available basis.
Even if you are only able to rideshare ocasionally, consider vanpooling with a pre-purchased one-way Vanpool Voucher. UCLA students, staff and faculty members can vanpool part-time on a space-available basis. Space availability is determined each day by individual vanpool drivers. Here’s how to catch a part-time ride:
- Pre-purchase each Vanpool Voucher from the UCLA Transportation office. Each voucher serves as a one-way ticket on your vanpool. You must have a valid BruinCard to make your purchase, and you may purchase up to 10 vouchers at a time.
- Contact Bruin Commuter Services at (310) 206-7565 or through their Live Chat application to get the vanpool driver contact information for your desired vanpool route.
- Confirm space availability. Contact the vanpool driver(s) to confirm seat availability. You must call on the day the ride is requested.
Unused vouchers are non-refundable. Vouchers do not expire.
Since part-time riders are not assigned to a specific van and drivers do not expect them to ride regularly, there are several key points that part-time passengers should remember to avoid being left behind.
- Each time you ride, contact the driver to 1) confirm there is room on the van; 2) confirm where the current pick-up points are; and 3) to let the driver know to expect you.
- You must purchase your Vanpool Voucher prior to boarding the van. You may not pay on the van or after you have ridden.
- Always have a backup option in case you are unable to ride the van. Visit our public transit page or view available carpool options.
Note: Part-time riders are not guaranteed a seat. It is your responsibility to think ahead and plan appropriately.
Bruin Commuter Services (BCS)
Phone: (310) 794-7433
Live Chat Application